Fleet Town 3 Tadley Calleva 4

After an eventful week at Fleet they returned home to play a Tadley Calleva side who has won 4-0 on Saturday and seemed to be picking up some form. Fleet made a number of changes after their disappointing 2-2 draw at Shaftesbury the weekend before.

The game started with Fleet struggling to get hold of the ball and getting into their passing game and it was no great surprise when Tadley took the lead. A good run and finish by their striker was left by the Fleet defence and he duly scored. Things got from bad to worse when Fleet gave away a clear penalty, but the Tadley striker made a hash of his shot and put the ball out of the ground. Fleet fans hoped this would be the spur that was needed to improve things, but within minutes Stuart Derry was in the sin-bin for his interaction with the referee. Fleet also lost Brad Passfield to a hamstring injury, Jack Howard was his replacement. Tadley compounded this by scored 2 more goals in the first half from a mixture of good play and poor defending. Fleet did have their own chances with the Tadley keeper making saves from Billy Oram and Aaron Redford. Half-time 0-3

The second half was barely 5 minutes old when Chris Harris missed a back pass twice and the Tadley striker was able to roll the ball into an empty net. Things were looking very bad for Fleet but bringing Taylor Watts on led to more passing in the team and they started to put Tadley under pressure. Aaron Redford pulled a goal back when he was played through and squeezed the ball past the Tadley Calleva. It seemed that this was just a consolation goal but it really sparked the Fleet team. 5 minutes later Aaron Redford won a penalty and although the goalkeeper guessed right Aaron was able to put the rebound away. The ensuing scuffle in the goalmouth for the ball led to Jack Selby being sent off. Dan Bone came off the bench and did what he does and volleyed the ball into the bottom corner for Fleet’s 3rd goal. Despite a lot of pressure Fleet couldn’t quite get a clear opening for an equaliser. So a great comeback but a poor first half. Full-Time 3-4

Fleet: 1. Chris Harris, 2. Cavan Atkinson, 3. Tom Wensley, 4. Sam Williams (c), 5. Stuart Derry, 6. Brad Passfield, 7. Malachi Thomas, 8. Jack Selby, 9. Aaron Redford, 10. Jake Hammond, 11. Billy Oram

Subs: 12. Ude Osim, 14. Josh Blaize-Carr, 15. Dan Bone (11), Jack Howard (6), Taylor Watts (5)

Goals: Aaron Redford (70), Aaron Redford (75), Dan Bone (85)

Man of Match: Aaron Redford

Attendance: 74

Fleet’s next game of the season is Saturday 8th February when we play away at Christchurch in the Sydenhams Wessex League. Kick Off is 3.00pm