Arlesey Town 0 Fleet Town 0

Both sides were left to rue missed chances that could have won the game or made it a high scoring draw.
It was five minutes before the first shot at a goal, when Fleet’s Alan Musoke saw his effort easily caught by Keeper Lewis Elsom. Almost immediately after Arlesey were presented with a gold plated chance when a misplaced defensive pass was played to Arti Krasniqi, but keeping the ball on his left foot, shot the ball against the post. After a quarter of an hour Bradley Wilson was dissapointed to see his shot get deflected for a corner. From the corner Owen Roberts got the ball into the net, but by then the referee had blown for a foul when he saw Arlesey’s keeper down on the ground. The home side were knocking the ball about looking better than their position at the bottom of the table would suggest, when their Dammy Nickels-Benson ran through Fleet to get his shot away, Liam needed to be awake and at his best to make the save. But soon all the action was back at the other end, a fine effort from George Pilbeam came down on the top of the bar and behind, but there must have been a touch en route as Fleet were given the corner, the corner was played in and a scramble in the goal mouth saw several Fleet chances blocked but not cleared, eventually the ball ran wide and was collected by George Pilbeam as he took the ball further out to find space he ws brought down for a Penalty to Fleet. Taken by Chris Wales, who had been sucessful from the spot in the last game at Moneyfields, he caaught the ball wrong and could only watch it rise and pass over the bar. Despite all the good build up work and dangerous balls from Pilbeam, Wilson, Oram and Bunyan, Fleet still had nothing to show for all their efforts in the first half, then right at the end of the half another chance fell to Arlesey’s Dammy Nickels-Benson, Liam made the stop but unable to hold the ball had to rely on his defenders to scramble the ball away to safety.
The second half saw the home side fast out of the block and forced Fleet to conceed a few corners, all of which looked dangerous but unable to convert them. At the other end the attacks from open play, were falling short, with good build up and then the vital ball in, or switching sides were being read by Arlesey to intercept or underhit and did not reach their target with Arlesey being quick to get to the ball and clear. Leaving Fleet’s best chances to come from set plays, early in the half Pilbeam was on his way through when he was brought down again, this time Fleet were only given a free kick on the line of the Penalty box, Bradley wilson taking the kick beating the rather close looking wall but also passed just outside the post. The woodwork again came to be Fleet’s saviour when a fierce effort crashed into the cross bar before dropping back into the box and found a Arlesey head who got too much on it to head over from two yards out. Fleet won themselves another free kick on side of the box, the kick was played into the middle of the box for Pilbeam to shoot, his effort only being pushed away for Fleet to try again, this time the ball was blasted high over the target. Late on a final chance for Chris Wales, to make amends for his Penalty miss, saw his shot get deflected for a corner.
In the end only a point each, when both sides were hoping for three.
Fleet Town : 1 Liam Beach, 2 Chris Musgrove, 3 James Haworth, 4 Liam Flannighan, 5 Owen Roberts, 6 Billy Oram, 7 Chris Wales, 8 Matt Bunyan, 9 Alan Musoke, 10 George Pilbeam, 11 Bradley Wilson.
subs 14 Danilo Cadete (on for PIlbeam 82 mins), 15 Luke Haskell (on for Musoke 58 mins), 17 Chris Dean (on for Wilson 75 mins)
not used 12 Dquame Copeland, 16 Alex Hendrie.