A Brief History Of Fleet Town FC
Fleet Town FC was officially formed in 1890, making it the oldest sports club in the town. The centenary was celebrated in 1990 with a special Scroll being presented by the Football Association to the club, together with a commemorative plaque from the Hampshire FA.
In its early years Fleet FC played at the bottom of the Views where Campbells Close is today. Later they moved to Watsons Meadow in Fleet Road, roughly opposite where Travis & Perkins now stands, at the station end of Fleet Road. It was during this time that a young, future Prime Minister, Clement Atlee played for the club, his aunt living in a house that backed onto this original ground.