Fleet Town 0 Farnham Town 4

This local derby turned on the outcome of two first half penalties.

After falling behind to a Farnham goal in the eighth minute when Oliver Ryman rose at the far post to nod home a deep cross from the right, just out of the reach of Lee Allen and just inside the post, Fleet were forcing their way into the Farnham box, when James Beauchamp was brought down the referee had no hesitation in awarding a Penalty to Fleet. Taken by Billy Oram, the kick only found the arm of keeper Gary Ross who dived the right way, the ball ran loose and Durrell Brown was fastest to react and reach the loose ball, but his shot flew over the bar. The first have continued with openings to both sides until a few seconds before the break when a long hopeful ball was launched towards the Fleet box, a race between Lee Allen coming out and a Farnham player running in resulted in a collision with the officials awarded a Penalty to Farnham, taken and scored by Joshua Ogunseye. There was barely time to take the kick off before the whistle blew for half time, so Fleet went into the break 2-0 down.

The second half started with Farnham on the front foot and a corner in the first minute of the half, a clearance only fell to Gary Haydon to fire the ball into the goal from two yards to put Farnham three up. Farnham scored again inside the hour when they jumped on a poor pass out of defence and it fell to Joshua Ogunseye to score his second of the match. Although Farnham continued to create chances it was not all one way traffic, with Billy Oram and James Beauchamp both having chances and unlucky to see their efforts take deflections for corners. In the final minutes Fleet were reduced to ten players with a sin-binning but were able to keep Farnham out and hold them to just the four goals.

Fleet Town : 1 Lee Allen, 2 Ellis McLean, 3 Tom Wensley, 4 Durrell Brown, 5 Stu Derry, 6 Brad Passfield, 7 Rowan Sharratt, 8 Kieran Kelly, 9 James Beauchamp, 10 Billy Oram, 11 Khalid Babakir.

Subs : 12 Dylan Riley (on for 5 – 80 mins), 14 Matty Pearce (on for 10 – 80 mins), 15 Dan Bone (on for7 – Half Time), 16 Ben Maunders (on for 4 – 57 mins), 17 Shemar Pettet (on for 2 – Half Time)

Next Game is on Tuesday 18th away to Virginia Water in the Southern Combination Cup.