Fleet Town 0 Hayes & Yeading 4

Hayes & Yeading proved too strong for a plucky Fleet Town on the day, as they continued to push all out for an automatic promotion place, with other results going their way, the visitors now sit in second place only one point behind leaders, AFC Rushden & Diamonds.

The game looked as if it was only going one way, when the visitors won a Penalty after one minute, which was duly converted by Duncan Culley, with Liam diving the other way. After eight minutes, Fleet were undone when Manny Duku brought the ball down the right, to the by-line, holding it there while the support caught up, before putting the cross in the perfect spot for Duncan Culley to tap in for his and the visitors second. The confidence of this good start and cheered on by a large travelling support, Hayes & Yeading carved out several more chances of these, Manny Duku and Toby Little should at least got their efforts on target. These let offs lifted Fleet and they were able to get more of the ball at the other end of the pitch, good runs from Danilo Cadete and Bradley Wilson, but were completely out of luck, even when Conrad Lucan got a good shot away, across slid Priestly Farquharson to make a clearance, free kicks from around the box taken by Callum Abraham-Barlow failed to find their target when defenders got to the balls first to head away the danger. The visitors were generally quicker to the ball, stronger on the ball and more accurate passing, they were dominating possession, but finding Liam Beach and Billy Stratford in their way. After 40 minutes, the visitors were given a second Penalty, again it was Duncan Culley taking it, he put it the same way as the first, this time Liam dived that way and made the save, a little scramble followed and it even then, it needed a goal line clearance to keep the visitors out. Half time came with the vsitors still only 2 goals to the good.

After an end to end start to the second half, another goal finally came after 65 minutes, when a cross from Scott Donnelly was headed in by Duncan Culley to complete his hat-trick. From the restart a nothing chaallange in midfield saw Chris Wales pick up his second Yellow card of the game and the long walk for an early shower. The visitors playing against ten men, controlled this last phase of the game, they felt unlucky not to go further ahead when Scott Donnelly let fly from 30 yards and saw his shot strike the cross bar and bounce back into play for Fleet to clear. A couple of good long deep runs from James Haworth but again, Fleet found no luck in front of goal when they got there. Inside the final ten minutes Hayes & Yeading put the game beyond any doubt, when Toby Little’s free kick curled round the wall and past Liam Beach, who was playing on though not 100% fit could not get down to the ball. The final minutes passed and the game finished 4-0 to the visitors.

Fleet Town : 1 Liam Beach, 2 Billy Stratford, 3 Callum Abraham-Barlow, 4 Jordan Aghatise, 5 Chris Musgrove, 6 Chris Wales, 7 Bradley Wilson, 8 Bobby Dormer, 9 Michael Phillip-Ogbuogu, 10 Conrad Lucan, 11 Danilo Cadete.

Subs : 12 James Haworth (on for Lucan 67 mins), 14 Ross Ewen (on for Cadete 67 mins), 15 Hamid Kanu (on for Wilson 46 mins)

not used 16 Billy Oram.