Fleet Town 1 Street 3

Fleet Town completed a busy seven match losing December programme with an eighth straight defeat, in all competitions, but remain 19th in the league table with a couple of other clubs having an equally bad month. Following on from two narrow 2-1 defeats against Melksham and Thatcham, this game against Street, the reverse of the opening game of the season back in August, was tighter than the final score line suggests. The first chance came on four minutes, when Fleet Town won a free kick, played into the box by Harryson Wickens found the head of new signing William Boye, his effort being caught by Street keeper Liam Kingston. Just past the quarter hour Street launched a long ball into the box, which Keeper Harvey White came for, but under close pressure failed to collect, the ball ran loose and was played back into the middle where Steve Murray was waiting and tapped in from one yard, to put the visitors in front. A couple of minutes later Steve Murray had another chance, but this time his shot from the edge of the box flew wide. Both keepers were in good form, Harvey White being the busier, very confidently dealing with some dangerous crosses. Not having the chances in close, Fleet were forced into shooting from further out, just before the half hour one effort from distance by Ronan Silva flew just over the bar.

The second half saw an early chance for Street, as Fleet were playing the ball around at the back but lost possession giving Steve Murray another chance to extend the visitors lead, but his snap shot flew over. Just after the hour mark, another Street attack is thwarted by Keeper Harvey White, but the ball ran loose and under pressure Fleet were forced to clear the ball for a corner. The corner was played in and found Phil Ormarod, who found a way to touch the ball home and put Street two goals up. It took the visitors until the 88th minute to find a way past the strong Fleet defence again, Phil Ormarod ran onto the through ball and as Harvey White came out to meet him he struck the ball from the edge of the box, past White into the goal. Going three down late on, seemed to spur Fleet on  and they took the game to Street and a string of dangerous crosses, brought some consolation when after a goal mouth scramble, William Boye was there to force the ball in and reduce the deficit. For his defensive performance and goal, the Easi-Leaflets Man of the Match was awarded to William Boye.

Fleet Town : 1 Harvey White, 2 Joe Wilson, 3 Callum Abraham-Barlow, 4 Ronan Silva, 5 William Boye, 6 Sam Williams, 7 Harryson Wickens, 8 Angus Youngson, 9 Kofi Halliday, 10 Billy Oram, 11 Abdul Rajab.

Subs : 12 Danilo Cadete (on for Youngson 55 mins), 15 Liam Callaghan (on for Rajab 59 mins), 16 Enow Ojong (on for Wickens 69 mins)

not used 14 Daniel Framp, 17 Layton Avenell