Pagham 2 Fleet Town 1

So Fleet are out of the FA Cup for another season and can now concentrate on the league as the old saying goes. After the journey down to Pagham it was clear from the match that both teams were playing their first competitive game of the season.

Playing a 4-3-3 formation Fleet started reasonably well and were able to put the Pagham back four under pressure although neither side really were making chances. Taylor Watts had a 20 yard shot that the Pagham keeper managed to push over. This was a sign of thing to come with Taylor doing even better with his second effort curling it into the top corner. No sooner had the twitter reporter stopped celebrating and tweeted that Fleet were winning, than they no longer were. A through ball played a Pagham striker in on Harry Nash one on one and he made no mistake to tie the scores. The first half continued with both sides playing direct football that yielded few chances. Unfortunately for Fleet a cross from a Pagham winger hit a Fleet defender and looped into the goal. The home side were now leading 2-1. Half-Time 2-1

The second half continued in much the same pattern with both teams playing direct football. This was a shame for Fleet as it meant they couldn’t get the ball down to use their passing ability. To be honest not much happened in the second half, there was the odd scramble in each penalty area, a header each and any number of spurned free kicks for both teams. Then the final whistle went and we move onto Porchester on Saturday.

Fleet: 13. Harry Nash, 2. Layton Avenell, 3. Tom Wensley, 4. Dan Dansie, 5. Durrell Brown, 6. Brad Passfield, 7. Billy Oram, 8. Jake Hammond, 9. Aaron Redford, 10. Dan Bone, 11. Taylor Watts

Subs: 12. Jack Selby, 1. Ryan Bone, 14. Steve Lee, 15. Matt Pearse (2), 16. Kurt Greenaway, 17. Daytroy Thomas (9), 18. Jack Howard (4)

Goals: Taylor Watts (19)

Man of Match: Taylor Watts

Attendance: 159

Fleet’s next game of the season is Saturday 5th September when we travel to AFC Porchester. Kick Off 3pm